Legal Resources Foundation Trust (LRF) is a 28-year-old national nonprofit making organization whose vision is a Just and Equal Society. LRF promotes access to justice in twenty counties across the country and exists as a premier bridge to justice institutions to harness the collaborative benefits of strategic partnerships to gain holistic participatory interventions towards justice, equity, and resilience in communities. Key approaches that are plied in social Justice, governance, and community organization, include human rights-legal education, community organizing, strategic partnerships, participatory interventions, research, and policy advocacy.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
LRF is seeking to recruit an experienced, results oriented, and highly skilled leader for the position of Executive Director to join its dynamic team of staff based in its Nairobi head office.
Reporting to the Chairperson Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will provide strategic leadership in aligning all institutional interventions and partnerships with the Strategic Plan. They will also play a critical leadership and managerial role in the planning, execution, and follow up of programs, and human resource functions. Further, they will specifically ensure adequate resource mobilization, and prudent management of funds, assets and other institutional properties.
The Executive Director will have an in-depth understanding of the criminal justice system and its
transformative agenda, a strong commitment to good governance and human rights principles, and be committed to values of integrity, diversity, and professionalism. They will be a leader who has good political instincts to lead LRF in developing programme interventions that have lasting impact in entrenching transformative change.
The ideal candidate will hold a post-graduate qualification, preferably in social sciences, including in development studies, law, criminology, program/project management or related field. He/she will have at least ten (10) years’ relevant programme management experience with not less than five (5) years demonstrable senior management experience of a reputable national NGO or civil society platform. Specifically, the preferred candidate will have to demonstrate literacy in computer use, analytical abilities, excellent writing, editorial and advocacy skills alongside competency in rights based, policy advocacy and partnership development. Further, the Candidate will exhibit capacities in team building and management, high sense of diversity and inclusion, and good written and spoken communication. They will have a history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results The candidate will have active fundraising experience, excellent donor relations skills and a strong understanding of the funding community. Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers is also required.
Board Governance: Works with board to fulfil the organization’s mission
- Responsible for leading LRF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed
Overall development leadership
- Decision making responsibility on organizational
- Review and update organizational policies for effective adherence
- Advise on the need for and maintenance of compliance with statutory
- Quality assurance on programs, financial and human resource
- Guide and oversee the financial management team on financial integrity
- Guide and oversee the programs management team on program relevance, integrity and effectiveness
- Guide, monitor and review the implementation of the strategic plan
- Work with programs head to identify and implement possible research areas
- Plan for and advise on mechanisms to collect data, develop, transfer and archive knowledge regarding access to justice &
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support LRF’s mission.
- Establish and maintain strategic and productive donor
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of LRF, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the
- Responsible for the oversight of fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within
- approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial
- Identify, strengthen, and maintain relevant sources of technical, and data
- Responsible for the hiring, developing, and retaining competent, qualified
- Advance the LRF mission and values among
- Responsible for the safety and security of staff
Organizational branding and priming: Responsible for enhancing LRF’s image and visibility
- Provide leadership, strategy, and modus operandi to align institutional interventions to the Kenyan Constitution, Vision 2030 and
- Represent and state organizational position on topical and advocacy issues in national, regional, and international forums
- Create and strengthen relevant partnerships for symbiotic Public Interest Litigation, public participation, and policy negotiation(s).
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as contained in the job description, please submit (1) One page application cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position, quoting your current/last gross and expected remuneration (mandatory) including benefits; (2) A detailed and current CV with names of three professional referees including their most current contact details; on or before Thursday 30th September 2021 5.00pm East Africa time. All applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com, Executive Director as the e-mail subject line. DO NOT attach certificates and testimonials.
Applicants who had applied prior need not to reapply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.